Request a Quote
The Doctors Company has a deep understanding of Florida-specific issues and provides unsurpassed protection to over 15,000 Florida medical professionals. The FDA Services Optometrist Professional Liability Program has been negotiated with The Doctors Company on behalf of Florida optometrists and is administered by FDA Services. Our experienced staff is ready to get to work for you.
The Doctors Company Mission: Defend, Protect, Reward
The Doctors Company is fiercely committed to defending its members, beginning with an ironclad consent-to-settle guarantee. And the company’s innovative Litigation Education Retreats help members facing claims to be active participants in their own defense. Unrivaled protection, national perspective and local knowledge enable The Doctors Company to anticipate emerging trends and deliver innovative solutions. Industry-leading patient safety programs and resources help members implement effective safety protocols, resulting in significantly fewer allegations of malpractice.
The Doctors Company rewards its members for their loyalty and commitment to superior patient care with the Tribute® Plan, an unrivaled financial award. Eligible members also participate in the company’s generous multiyear dividend program, which has returned over $310 million in dividends since the program’s start in 1976.
The nation’s largest physician-owned medical malpractice insurer, The Doctors Company has $4.3 billion in assets and maintains a conservative financial posture. The company is rated A by A.M. Best Company and Fitch Ratings, and Ward Group continues to name it to its list of the 50 best insurance companies.
Benefits at a Glance
- Consent-to-settle clause
- Defense limits outside the policy limits
- The Tribute® Plan, an unrivaled financial award
- Convenient payment plans
- Corporation and PA coverage with shared limits at no additional cost
- Free tail coverage for death (protects your estate), disability (you can no longer can practice optometry), and retirement (full retirement after five consecutive years of coverage with The Doctors Company immediately preceding retirement)
- Members also receive automatic protection against privacy breach allegations and Medicare reviews and have access to free web-based and live CME. Relentless defense.